Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Where have I been (Molly Weasley Style)?

Hellooo dear readers!

I'm sorry!  I've been missing for quite some time.  I'm back now and would love to fill you guys with all that's been happening.


The smaller Emirates plane
Dubai > Pakistan
First off, I was actually out of the country for a WHOLE month!  I left January and came back the end of February!   I had actually planned to blog every day of the trip and share it with you all. Turns out, Internet wasn't so great there.  Let me start off by letting you all know that "there" means Pakistan. 

It was just me and my mom.  A few things happened last year in the family that made my mom want to go to Pakistan and be there for her sisters. We were waiting for the new year, because then I would have a whole new slate of vacation days from work and we could go together.  So as January rolled around, mom and I booked some last minute tickets with Emirates and went up into the air.


The new Emirates planes are awesome, by the way!  They are big and nice and I found them to be more roomy.  And if you're looking to travel to Pakistan, Jan/Feb are the months to go.  There were over 200 empty seats on the flight.  All of us traveling got a whole row of seats to ourselves, which was great because the flight itself was extremely long.  The flight from here to Dubai was 14 hours!  And while I had a whole row of seats, I couldn't sleep.  They had some great movies/shows on board though.  They even have a YouTube section now.  So I even watched some YouTube Videos. The flight to Pakistan was only about a hour and half, so that was bearable.

I was really excited.  I hadn't been to Pakistan in such a long time.  But unfortunately, I fell sick the day we landed.  I ended up being sick for most of the trip to be honest.  I started off with Allergies and Asthma.  I then got a really bad skin infection that lasted for weeks.  Actually the infection was gone, but the effects on my skin were still there.  It was pretty bad.  I then got the stomach virus and couldn't keep anything down.  I started to feel better a few days before we left. But I still had a good time.  I got to see some of my cousins after forever, and their kids!  I hadn't ever even met their kids.  So that was pretty exciting. 

Shopping is always fun there, but with how I felt, I couldn't really shop as much as I wanted. At the end of the month, I was happy to be coming home.  The dreaded thing was, the flight from Dubai to here was 16 hours.  I didn't know what to do. I couldn't sleep on this plane ride either. 

For now enjoy these pictures, and stay tuned for all that's coming up. Thanks for reading!







Back home I go
 

No comments:

Post a Comment