It has happened. 2015 has begun. WUT?
I look back at 2014, and I don’t know. I really don’t. Was 2014 a good year? Was it a bad year? Can you even label a year as good or bad? That’s 365 days. Does one really want to give it a firm good/bad label? I’m pretty sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that those 365 days were filled with good days, bad days, scary days, happy days, sad days, fun days, crazy days, exciting days, and every other emotion/emoji filled day.
Looking back, I can’t remember exactly everything about 2014 – which is a shame. But I can remember a few things. Things that stick out. I remember getting my lasik surgery done, and how scared I was before I went in to get it done. I remember the month after when I would look up and be able to clearly see things – the happiness and excitement I felt. I remember losing a very important person to me and the sadness and the anger over it – the many sleepless nights I had trying to rationalize why it happened. I remember a whole month of happiness because almost all of my family came for a cousins wedding, and the fun we had – all the great memories we made. I remember vacationing in Florida with my family. I remember trips to Dallas and Austin. I remember my friend getting married and moving away. I remember so many things. So many happy memories and so many sad memories. This is life – and the actual beauty of it. Our moods and emotions and feelings are what make life actually worth it.
Here’s to a beginning of a new year – hope it’s just as draining and worthwhile as the last. CHEERS.
I look back at 2014, and I don’t know. I really don’t. Was 2014 a good year? Was it a bad year? Can you even label a year as good or bad? That’s 365 days. Does one really want to give it a firm good/bad label? I’m pretty sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that those 365 days were filled with good days, bad days, scary days, happy days, sad days, fun days, crazy days, exciting days, and every other emotion/emoji filled day.
Looking back, I can’t remember exactly everything about 2014 – which is a shame. But I can remember a few things. Things that stick out. I remember getting my lasik surgery done, and how scared I was before I went in to get it done. I remember the month after when I would look up and be able to clearly see things – the happiness and excitement I felt. I remember losing a very important person to me and the sadness and the anger over it – the many sleepless nights I had trying to rationalize why it happened. I remember a whole month of happiness because almost all of my family came for a cousins wedding, and the fun we had – all the great memories we made. I remember vacationing in Florida with my family. I remember trips to Dallas and Austin. I remember my friend getting married and moving away. I remember so many things. So many happy memories and so many sad memories. This is life – and the actual beauty of it. Our moods and emotions and feelings are what make life actually worth it.
Here’s to a beginning of a new year – hope it’s just as draining and worthwhile as the last. CHEERS.
No comments:
Post a Comment