CRICKET!
So, I just realized that this was sitting in my drafts. Even though, ICC World Cup 2015 has ended. I thought I would edit this a bit and then go ahead and post it up for any cricket enthusiasts.
ICC World Cup 2015. What a series. I loved it. I was never really into cricket that much as a child. I wouldn't really watch, but loved playing it with my family in the backyard. As I got older however, I only ever paid attention when the world cup was happening - just to see who would win and would have bragging rights. But for the last few years (since I went to Uni) I became very interested in Cricket and followed it really closely.
Now, I supported Pakistan throughout. I think it comes from this long routed family thing. I was born and raised here in the US, but my parents are originally from Pakistan. So I have this connection to Pakistan. It's there. I may not live there, or have any inclination to live there in the future (as I love where I am, and wouldn't change that) but I support Pakistan's team 100%. I say this knowing our team wasn't the best in the last few years, but I supported them regardless.
There were a lot of ups and downs throughout the series. It was fun watching it and bashing friends who were supporting other teams. Pakistan started off not so well, they did have a bit of a come back near the end, but alas they lost from Australia. Which is fine - considering AS won. YAY for them. I love Australia and it's people. So congratulations! You guys deserved it.
Something I started thinking about watching some of the games was if I were living in a country such as Aus or NZ- as in born and raised there, would I support them or Pakistan. Now, the US doesn't have a cricket team in the World Cup, so I pretty much stick to Pakistan and feel no guilt in supporting them. But if the US did, would I support them? I wanna think I would. I mean I'm a die hard Houston Rockets fan - and it's them 'till the end for me. I was born in Florida, but I lived in Houston my whole life, so I am supporting my home town team. Would I support my home country if they were in the world cup? I think I would.
So a question to any one reading - what would you do?
So, I just realized that this was sitting in my drafts. Even though, ICC World Cup 2015 has ended. I thought I would edit this a bit and then go ahead and post it up for any cricket enthusiasts.
ICC World Cup 2015. What a series. I loved it. I was never really into cricket that much as a child. I wouldn't really watch, but loved playing it with my family in the backyard. As I got older however, I only ever paid attention when the world cup was happening - just to see who would win and would have bragging rights. But for the last few years (since I went to Uni) I became very interested in Cricket and followed it really closely.
Now, I supported Pakistan throughout. I think it comes from this long routed family thing. I was born and raised here in the US, but my parents are originally from Pakistan. So I have this connection to Pakistan. It's there. I may not live there, or have any inclination to live there in the future (as I love where I am, and wouldn't change that) but I support Pakistan's team 100%. I say this knowing our team wasn't the best in the last few years, but I supported them regardless.
There were a lot of ups and downs throughout the series. It was fun watching it and bashing friends who were supporting other teams. Pakistan started off not so well, they did have a bit of a come back near the end, but alas they lost from Australia. Which is fine - considering AS won. YAY for them. I love Australia and it's people. So congratulations! You guys deserved it.
Something I started thinking about watching some of the games was if I were living in a country such as Aus or NZ- as in born and raised there, would I support them or Pakistan. Now, the US doesn't have a cricket team in the World Cup, so I pretty much stick to Pakistan and feel no guilt in supporting them. But if the US did, would I support them? I wanna think I would. I mean I'm a die hard Houston Rockets fan - and it's them 'till the end for me. I was born in Florida, but I lived in Houston my whole life, so I am supporting my home town team. Would I support my home country if they were in the world cup? I think I would.
So a question to any one reading - what would you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment